“Handy” Flower Vase–Guest Tutorial from Mrs. Greene

Hello, everyone! After many months of being inspired by the fabulous projects featured on The CSI Project, it’s an honor to share a guest post here!

My name is Rhonda. I live in a quiet little town in Michigan with my husband Adam and two cats, Merlin and Abracadabra, that we treat like our kids. My blog is called Mrs. Greene, where I share odds and ends of my life along with my many crafty endeavors. The hubby and I also recently started a website called Hiking Northern Michigan, where we share all kinds of information about my other passion, the outdoors.

When I heard that the theme for this week was spring, the first thing that popped into my head was a project I’ve been thinking about for years. Introducing the Spring Cleaning flower vase! (Okay, I confess, my tastes run a wee bit on the strange side!)

You will need:

• One pair rubber dish gloves
  • Large glass vase with flared edge
  • Polyfill
  • Hair elastic
  • Glue

Start by turning one of the gloves inside-out. This will make them both fit the same hand so you can slide one glove inside the other.

The easiest way to get one glove inside the other is to put them on your hand. Put on the inside-out glove first, then slide the second glove over it.

Once the gloves are doubled up, carefully slide them off of your hand. Lightly stuff the gloves with polyfill to make them hold their shape while you work.

Carefully stretch the cuff of the outer glove around the flared lip of the glass vase. Make sure it is pulled down evenly all the way around.

Stretch the inner glove around the lip of the vase as well.

Once both gloves are in place over the mouth of the vase, place a hair elastic around the vase and line it up along the cuff of the glove. Use a thin bead of glue to secure the elastic to the glove.

When the glue is dry, roll the elastic up toward the top of the vase to conceal it under the glove. Add a few dabs of glue to hold the rolled edge in place if needed.

Remove the polyfill from inside the gloves and add water and flowers. I also put my vase on top of a pedestal candle holder for more detail. If desired, you could also add ribbon trim or other embellishments to your vase, or just leave it plain. No matter how you choose to finish your vase, it’s sure to be a conversation piece!

1. lisa 4 years ago

Super cute idea. What a fun centerpiece for a table if you are doing a housewarming party, or a stock the kitchen shower. Cute Cute!!

2. TRU @ TRU TALES FEATS 4 years ago

What a unique idea! I love it! It would also be great for Halloween, me thinks.

3. Catherine 4 years ago

LOVE it! I’m thinking this is the first Spring decor idea my six year old will go nuts over. Thanks for sharing! :)

4. Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper 4 years ago

This is fantastic! I absolutely love it

5. kim 4 years ago

Funny and cute! This would make a great halloween centerpiece if you changed up the flowers!

6. Pam 4 years ago

lol….I love it. To cute and funny. Thanks for sharing.

7. Kassi @ Truly Lovely 4 years ago

TOO funny! Love it! :) And so easy to make something so unique!

8. Mrs. Greene 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for the great feedback – and a huge thank you to the CSI gals for having me!

9. Hilary @ KatrinkaJane 4 years ago

You get snaps for making my husband laugh so spontaneously. Yay!

10. Franchesca 2 years ago

I’m impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog that’s both equally educative and interesting, and without
    a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is something which not enough people are speaking intelligently about.
    I’m very happy that I found this in my hunt for something regarding this.