Quantcast

Guest Judge of the Week

MyCraftily Ever After

VMG 205

Challenge of the Week

Birthday Party Challenge

Spring Grass Easter Wreath–Guest Tutorial

Hello CSI Project readers! My name is Courtney and I blog over at A Diamond in the Stuff. It’s really exciting and such an honor to be guest posting here!!!

Today I’m going to share my Spring Grass Wreath with you guys today! After all, what is Spring without a beautiful wreath to adorn your door?

I started out with a square of grass from Hobby Lobby.
I cut out the middle section, making a grass "frame".
Next I grabbed a couple bags of plastic eggs, also from Hobby Lobby.
I opened them all up and placed them on my "painting board". Nice huh? They all got a good coat of primer and half were painted cream with the other half getting painted light blue.
The eggs needed some speckles so I mixed up some brown paint and water. Using a paint brush I "flicked" the paint over the painted eggs.
I glued all the finished eggs to the grass wreath, alternating colors as I went. Trying to be "random" is sometimes hard for me; I can be a little OCD when it comes to my projects.
I added a nest to the corner and placed one of the speckled blue eggs inside. A painted butterfly is sitting perched on the side of the nest.
As you can see, I took a picture frame and painted it the same blue as the eggs. I hung the grass wreath to the blue frame with a bit of muslin tied off in a bow.
So there you have it, my new Spring wreath! It reminds me of an Easter egg hunt.
A BIG thanks to the lovely CSI girls for giving me the chance to post over here today. Please stop by over at A Diamond in the Stuff sometime and say hello!
Get More CSI Goodness!

Join the CSI Project Newsletter for our weekly tutorials, craft challenges, and linky parties straight to your inbox!

Enter your Name and Email below to subscribe...

Comments

1. angie says:

this is by far the cutest easter wreath i have seen. i LOVE it!

2. Jen says:

i can’t believe those are just plastic eggs! I’m definitely going to try this one– thanks for the great idea and beautiful step by step photos!

3. Jo-Anna says:

Very very pretty!
    Jo-Anna

4. Tracy says:

Adorable wreath. My favorite part is the grass. So smart to cut it and make it in a frame shape.

5. Kristy Swain says:

Very pretty. Love the grass.

6. Holly says:

Love it!

7. I love the look of this. I think I need to find me some grass and make a similiar one for myself!

8. Kelley says:

So cute! I love how fresh and green it looks =)

9. So cute! Love that you used cheap plastic eggs and made them look fancy!!

10. Rose says:

And I thought that I liked the nest and egg specimen project best. Now I’m torn! This is so pretty!!!

11. What a fun wreath! I’ve never seen one using a square of grass before! SO neat!! :)

12. Melany says:

Loved this so much I went right to Hobby Lobby but I couldn’t find the grass. I talked to the lady in the floral dept and she had no idea what I was talking about. I looked in the Easter section, too. :-( Have you seen the grass anywhere else?

Great job, Jen–it’s just too cute!

13. Courtney says:

@ Melany- It was in the seasonal/Easter area. If you can’t find one in your local store you can order online. Here it is online:

14. Melany says:

Thanks for the info, Courtney! (and sorry I called you Jen–I had just scrolled up above the comments for a name and didn’t go all the way to the top!) :-)

15. Cute. super easy :)

LOVE your blog!! xoxo

16. Chequita says:

Soooooo adorable!!! LOVE it!

17. Miss Char says:

This is a beautiful wreath, I love the painted blue frame as the backdrop. Thanks so much for sharing.

18. Jill says:

very cute!!

19. This is an adorable idea! I wish I had a Hobby Lobby close by so I could snag some of this grass!

20. bethany says:

super cute!!! p.s. i thought i was the only one that had difficulty with random. i think you did a good job. :)

21. This is exactly why I love to get home ideas from bloggers! Plus I have always wondered how to make those speckled eggs! Last time I tried doing eggs that way they turned out just horrible. Really super cute! Thanks bunches!

22. You just made plastic eggs look great! Love this tutorial, great work!

23. Simone says:

So pretty. Well done.

24. alina says:

I clicked on the link Courtney mentioned but it;s not there anymore. I also went online to Hobby Lobby and it’s not there. Anyone else have a site or location? live in NJ, but De is close to me , also. Really love it. I have the frame, the eggs- just waiting for the grass.

25. Terry says:

This is super cute. I had to laugh when you said you don’t do random well. I don’t either – it’s tricky sometimes, but your wreath looks great.

26. lindalou says:

I think this might be my favorite Spring Wreath. I just love it.

27. trinadh reddy says:

Nice

Trackbacks

1. [...] Spring Grass Easter Wreath–Guest Tutorial [...]

2. [...] Képkeret, műanyag fű és festett + fröcskölt műanyag tojások (The CSI project) [...]

3. [...] fantastic creation I found was from the The CSI Project. This picture frame based wreath has a modern twist, and manages to be pastel, without being too [...]

4. […] cominciare un bel quadretto abbellito con erba e uova colorate da appendere fuori dalla porta, qui il tutorial per […]

5. […] What’s a crafty girl to do? Ah yes, make another wreath!  You may of seen this post over at The CSI Project last week. Just in case you missed it, here ya go: I started out with a square of grass from […]

6. […] Spring Grass and Egg Wreath {The CSI Project} […]