Hi Bloggers! We are Suzette and Sarah the mighty dynamic Momma & Daughter duo of Chameleon Girls. Together we tackle sewing, crafts, embroidery, cooking and "sew" much more… Today our mission is Painted Walls With Graphic Shapes. Can I tell you how scared and nervous we were to stencil? But we are always up for the challenge and it turned out to be easier than we could imagine. We used the Moroccan Dream stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils – they are amazing to work with. With the stencil came great directions – Simple and Easy to follow. Even we can do this…
Here’s what you’ll need
- If using the level place on the bottom while doing ceiling.
- Less paint is more.
- Wipe off fresh mistakes with a damp cloth.
- Keep base coat handy
- Taping stencil to both walls while in a corner will not produce good results.
- Repairs- if you break a bridge in the design. Fix with clear packing tape on both sides.
- Re-Decorating (not that you will do this anytime soon), lightly sand walls and apply 2 coats of base coat paint.
- Taking a break while in the middle of the project- cover paint tray and roller with plastic wrap or foil. This will prevent the paint from drying out.