Beachy Mantel- {Sweet Pea}

READ LATER - DOWNLOAD THIS POST LATER AS PDF >>CLICK HERE<<

Hello, I’m Paula from Sweet PeaI enjoy blogging about crafting, cooking, gardening, decorating, travel, and exercise.  I’m excited to guest post here at the CSI Project for Beachy Vignettes and Projects week.  I enjoy changing my décor’ with the seasons and think that a beach theme is perfect for summer. Even though my living room is formal with colors that are geared more toward fall and winter, I was able to lighten the room for summer by using shells and by adding touches of aqua blue.

beachy mantel

The mantel is always my starting point for redecorating for the season.  I shopped around my house to pull together shells, starfish, aqua items, and accessories with a beach feel.  My decorations usually have a story as I love vintage items.  Everything you see except the starfish and candles was either inherited, gifted, or thrifted.

beachy mantel

Using jute twine to attach two starfish to each fabric covered panel gives this vintage Williamsburg fabric from Waverly a summertime feel.  When we purchased our home, nearly every window was covered with panels made from this material.

B15

Blues on the mantel including a vintage Bobbsey Twins book and two Fenton glass pieces bring out the blue in the fabric.

beachy mantel

beachy mantel

Glass bowls on several small tabletops hold shells found or purchased on annual beach trips.

beachy mantel beachy mantel An antique chest gets a beachy vignette, too.  Again, most everything you see here was inherited, thrifted, or found on the beach. beachy mantel My grandmother used the large Abalone shell for garden club arrangements. beachy mantel beach vignette I couldn’t resist carrying the coastal theme into the adjoining formal dining area.  I crafted the crab table decoration from a piece of a drop cloth and fabric scraps.  If you’d like to make one for yourself, directions can be found here.beach vignette Many thanks to the CSI ladies for allowing me the pleasure of guest posting.  I love visitors and would be thrilled to see you at my blog, Sweet Pea.

READ LATER - DOWNLOAD THIS POST LATER AS PDF >>CLICK HERE<<
    Veronica July 18, 2011 at 11:18 am

I love your mantel Paula!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida July 18, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Great room! I love the addition of the Bobbsey Twins book on the mantle. Charming!

Erin @ His and Hers July 18, 2011 at 3:42 pm

THE BOBBSEY TWINS! Be still my heart. I remember my mom reading those to me. How cute and unexpected on a mantle! 🙂

Momma on the Run July 18, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I am LOVING the three panels!

Bonnie July 18, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Love it Paula! Great job!

Beth July 18, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Love your beachy rooms…cute tablecloth and the old book…i like the vintage feel from all the stuff you have your shells in.

KM Family July 18, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I looks great Paula – I like the aqua colors in there!!
    My fav is that old book on your mantle!! Really cool!!

Alicia July 18, 2011 at 9:19 pm

The whole room look much lighter and the touches of aqua really make a different. I love those panels and all those shells. Great job and great post!

Amanda @ Serenity Now July 18, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Paula, I love your beautiful beachy room. The starfish are my favorite!!!

Jennifer July 18, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I love the touches of aqua blue. My living room is a lot of earthy fall-type colors also. Yours looks so nice with that aqua added.
    Jennifer

Richella @ Imparting Grace July 19, 2011 at 8:54 am

Lovely, Paula! I love the way you added the aqua, and I’m so thrilled to see that you were adventurous with your blues. It’s easy to get hung up on making things “match,” which is silly, of course–complementary things are so pleasing to the eye! I like the way you added the starfish to your fabric panels. But honestly, I love those fabric panels. I mean, LOVE them. Do you still have a lot of that fabric? It’s absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for all the inspiration!

12. […] from Sweet Pea showed us how she used seashells and colors of the sea to decorate her mantel for […]