Hello, I am Amanda and I blog over at Kaleidoscope of Colors. My blog is mostly about sewing, DIY tutorials, a little bit of cooking and before & after projects.
|Started off with these three items.|
A frequent topic (you could also call her my muse) is my best friend’s daughter, Samantha. She is about to turn 2 and she is my princess.
This DIY Halloween costume was made just for her. I started out with
- 3/4 yard of black and orange spider fabric from JoAnn’s
- A black turtle neck in her size
- A package of spider web doilies from party store
- White fabric paint, *I would suggest glow in the dark paint
- Witch hat, large spiders, spider rings all from the dollar store
- Fabric glue and elastic
- Sewing machine and supplies
First step was taping the doily into place on the shirt (I used two total). I gently brushed the paint over the doily using it as a stencil. Let it dry for recommended time then remove.
Skirt instructions are below:
This is where an impromptu trip to the Dollar store took place. *Just jumped on my broom!
A perfect spider web witch’s hat, bag of plastic spider rings and two large spiders were just the added accessories to complete the “haunting” look.
“Double Double, Toil and Trouble” and you have a Spider Witch costume that is just “wicked”.
Having so much fun and want to do more? How about Samantha’s other Halloween outfit (She is SO spoiled).
Thanks so much for letting me share.