My name is Kayla and I’m from SayNotSweetAnne.com. I have been all about the big V day this month, and I’m super happy to be able to share some of that with you today. Hopefully you’ll come visit me at “home,” my blog covers an array of fun things like crafts, recipes, and LOTS of printables. I’d love for you to visit me at my blog, on Facebook or Twitter!
This week I was kicking around the idea of romantic desserts. Valentine’s day is coming up, and so is my wedding anniversary. I wanted something sweet and cute but still classy and special. Immediately I thought of chocolate covered strawberries. They are so decadent and romantic in color, sweetness and overall fanciness. The strawberries were a great start, but not quite unique enough. I mean, that’s been done. A lot. I wanted something a little more out of the ordinary, but still super easy.
Now, I’m not a big fan of cake, but somehow this idea for an inside out version of chocolate covered strawberries just got stuck in my head. The next thing I knew, I was in the kitchen whipping them up. I used my favorite chocolate cake mix, and strawberry flavored frosting. You could easily substitute for some home made choices, or a mix that is dear to your heart. This was my first time ever using a cake frosting tip to swirl the frosting on. IT IS SO PRETTY! Not to mention effortless. I might have to start making more cupcakes…
I preface with: this is ridiculously easy. I almost feel like I’m cheating you by counting this as a recipe. But, I hope you love it!!
What You Need:
- Chocolate cake mix (and whatever that requires)
- Hershey’s hugs or kisses
- Strawberry frosting
- Piping bag and cake frosting tip
- Cute cupcake liners
How To Make It:
- Line your muffin tin and prep your cake batter. Fill the cups 1/2 full.
- Place an unwrapped Hershey’s kiss in the middle of the batter.
- Continue to fill the cups, it may or may not cover the kisses.
- Bake as indicated on the cake mix.
- Once the cupcakes cool, fill a piping bag with room temperature frosting, and prep it with the cake tip.
- Pipe the frosting in a swirl, moving from the outside to the inside.
- That’s it! The strawberry frosting is the perfect accent to the decadent chocolate cake and filling. The kisses also added a moistness to the cupcakes that I just adore. I just can’t wait to surprise Hubby with these. They will be the perfect Valentine/Anniversary dessert!
To keep in touch or for more non-Vday crafts (Like my Single Serving Bath Salts) as well as some really great DIY printables (like my Baby Shower Gift Tags) and recipes (Like my Easy Pumpkin Granola) don’t forget to stop by and visit me at SayNotSweetAnne.com!
Join the CSI Project Newsletter for our weekly tutorials, craft challenges, and linky parties straight to your inbox!
Enter your Name and Email below to subscribe...