NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY : The Dutch Boy Paints ‘The CSI Project of The Week Before and After Challenge’ Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States and are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. Employees of The Sherwin-Williams Company, Zig.marketing, LLC and their related companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all Federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR : The Contest is sponsored by The Sherwin-Williams Company, The Dutch Boy Group, 101 Prospect Avenue, N.W., Cleveland, Ohio 44115 (“Sponsor”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES : Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules in a timely manner.
4. ENTRY PERIOD : The Contest begins on October 26, 2010 at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on October 28, 2010 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Entry Period”). Entries received outside of the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. ENTRY : To enter this Contest for a chance to win the Grand Prize of four (4) gallons of Dutch Boy Refresh Paint, go to the website www.thecsiproject.com during the Entry Period. You must a) write a blog post and (b) share Before/After photos of a room you are completing or have completed. The blog can include a description of a project or review of a product, and photos submitted can include finished projects. By entering, you represent and warrant that (a) your entry does not violate any third party’s rights, and (b) that you have complied with these Official Rules. Entries that are incomplete or that contain errors, trademarks/logos, copyrighted images or inappropriate/derogatory/defamatory images, language, nudity or profanity will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, altered, or destroyed entries. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor will review all entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that an entry complies with these Official Rules, Sponsor shall post the entry at www.thecsiproject.com within three (3) business days of receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to edit or summarize any written description or picture prior to posting on the site. If at any time an entrant wishes to have their room entry deleted from the website and no longer entered in the Contest, the entrant should contact Zig.marketing, LLC at the address in Section 13 of these Official Rules.
6. JUDGING; ODDS : Judging of entries will be completed by Dutch Boy’s team of panelists. Judging for the grand prize and top ten entries will take place on Thursday, October 28, 2010. Judging of entries will be based on the following Judging Criteria:
Each entry will be evaluated on a scale of 1-100 points in the following categories: Degree of Change (33 maximum points), Overall effect (33 maximum points), Use of Color (34 maximum points). The Dutch Boy Team will choose one (1) top scoring entry to receive a four (4) gallons of Dutch Boy Refresh Paint, nine (9) subsequent entries will be listed as the top ten projects submitted. In the event of a tie, the judges will re-evaluate the tied entries based on the Judging Criteria using a scale of 1-200 points. Odds of winning depend on the relative performance and the number of eligible entries received. If the potential winners cannot be contacted within ten (10) days after the first attempt to make contact, such potential winners will be deemed to be ineligible and disqualified. In such event, Sponsor may select alternate potential winners.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS : Except where prohibited, the potential winners, once contacted, may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”), within five (5) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, such potential winner will be deemed to be ineligible and disqualified. In such event, Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the Affidavit/Release on the potential winner’s behalf.
8. PRIZES : GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize Winner will receive four (4) gallons of Dutch Boy Refresh Paint from the Color Simplicity Fan Deck to mix and match in color and sheen of winner’s choice. Approximate retail value is $100 USD.
- 10. GENERAL CONDITIONS : Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules, or (b) award the prizes to the entrants based on the Judging Criteria at the time of the impairment. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- 11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY : By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (e) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; (f) inability to access the Sponsor’s website; (g) transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or (h) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, Sponsor’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- 12. DISPUTES : Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Ohio; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees and or related legal or other expenses; and (c) entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
- 13. CONTEST RESULTS : For winners’ names, available after October 30, 2010, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Zig.marketing, LLC, Dutch Boy Paints “The CSI Project Before and After Challenge” c/o Mike Amicarelli, 4401 Rockside Road, Suite 214, Independence, Ohio 44131. Requests must be received by November 30, 2010.