Most of us would agree that we love finding the latest catalog from Ballard Designs, Pottery Barn, or Anthropology in our mailbox. We’d probably have to admit that we do a little jump for joy on the curbside when the mailman delivers our favorite shelter magazines. And you might even find pics on our cell phones that we’ve taken while browsing at Restoration Hardware or that gorgeous downtown boutique. But what’s a blogger on a budget to do when the pennies in her pocket book don’t match the price on the tag of that ottoman she loves? If you’ve ever made a knock-off version of a designer-inspired look, then this is the challenge for you!
Images: A Trip to *Holland
This week, we’re looking forward to seeing what you’ve done to create designer looks for less when you link up your projects to our Knock Offs Challenge. Joining us as our guest judge for this challenge is Cheri Heaton, who blogs at I Am Momma Hear Me Roar.
Cheri will be stopping by your blogs to view your projects and select her ten favorite projects, plus the overall winner of the Knock Offs Challenge. (You can read more about Cheri HERE.) We CSI Girls will pick our favorites, too. All our favorites will be featured in the winners’ post this Saturday.
We’ve enjoyed the inspiration provided by our guest bloggers. They had some great knock offs to share with us, this week.
All of the knock off projects you link to our challenge will be entries into this week’s random giveaway, sponsored by Miss Lovey Dovey.
For more opportunities to win a Date Night Jar from Miss Lovey Dovey, click HERE.
Now it’s your turn! Enter your favorite knock off projects in this week’s linkup.
Please remember that to be eligible to win this week’s challenge and giveaway, you must provide a link back to the challenge in your entry post. It’s easy–we have a button ready for you to insert into your post HERE. For additional challenge rules, please read below.
You’ll find the linkup for this week’s challenge at the end of this post, following the challenge rules. This challenge begins at midnight (EST) Wednesday, September 7th, and ends at noon (EST) Friday, September 9th.
1. All entries for this challenge need to incorporate the challenge’s theme. We are not simply a linky party. We have a specific theme for each week. All submissions are competing to be the judge’s top pick. If your project does not incorporate the theme we will have to remove it.
2. When you enter the challenge, please enter the link to the specific post on your blog that relates to the project — not to your general blog. This will help when a year from now, for example, someone who visits the site can find your project directly.
3. The CSI Project button must be in your blog post. HERE are the buttons. This makes it easy for other people to come over and join in the challenge if they like – and for us to know that we have the correct entry in the challenge when we’re judging. And if you use an older post, please update it so it’s current. If you don’t want to update it, please add the button to that post and to the sidebar for the week of the contest. Thanks!
4. The project you submit must be your own project and something you have made. (It can be inspired by something someone else has done, but it must be your creation.)
5. We ask that you are a CSI follower or subscriber to win the prizes. The more followers the site has — the more giveaways we are able to host
6. If you enter a project into our challenge, we ask that you please leave comments on at least 2 other entries in the contest. Not only is it nice to do, but it’s a great way to meet new people and make new friends.
7. By entering, you give us permission to spotlight your projects – we will give you credit and link back to your blog. You are welcome to enter as many themed projects as you like! You also give us permission to add your name to our newsletter list. If you wish to unsubscribe you may do so at any time.
Ready to recreate design on a dime?