The CSI Challenge: Outdoor Decor

READ LATER - DOWNLOAD THIS POST LATER AS PDF >>CLICK HERE<<

Ok ladies, it’s time to link up your projects for this week’s challenge…“Outdoor Decor”.

So show us your outdoor oasis, yard decor, deck creation, flower beds, front porch or backyard beauty. Here’s a refresher of the rules.

Cupcake Planter: Whimsy Love

Guidelines:

1. All entries for this challenge need to incorporate the challenge’s theme.We are not simply a linky party. We have a specific theme for each week.  All submissions are competing to be the judge’s top pick.  If your project does not incorporate the theme it will be removed.
  2. When you enter the challenge, please enter the link to the specific post on your blog that relates to the project — not to your general blog. This will help when a year from now, for example, someone who visits the site can find your project directly.
  3. The CSI Project button must be in your blog post. HERE are the buttons.  This makes it easy for other people to come over and join in the challenge if they like – and for us to know that we have the correct entry in the challenge when we’re judging. And if you use an older post, please update it so it’s current. If you don’t want to update it, please add the button to that post and to the sidebar for the week of the contest. Thanks!
  4. The project you submit must be your own project and something you have made. (It can be inspired by something someone else has done, but it must be your creation.)
  5. We ask that you are a CSI follower or subscriber to win the prizes. The more followers the site has — the more giveaways we are able to host.
  6. If you enter a project into our challenge, we ask that you please leave comments on at least 5 other entries in the contest. Not only is it nice to do, but it’s a great way to meet new people and make new friends.
  7. By entering, you give us permission to spotlight your projects – we will give you credit  and link back to your blog.

You are welcome to enter as many themed projects as you like!

Our judge, Laurie, from Tip Junkie will go through each project and find her personal #1 favorite, plus her top 10.

Jen, Beckie, and Amanda will also choose their favorite projects and award those people with a special button to display on their blogs.Visit thecsiproject.com We will pick two random entries to win a copy of The DIY Dish’s new video series: SUMMER CRAFTS.

Click here to order or to learn more!

It’s time to link up! The challenge will be open until Thursday at noon (EST).   Be sure and stop by Thursday for the introduction of next week’s theme and some inspiration to get you started.

This post sponsored by:

theDIYdish_ad300x300

READ LATER - DOWNLOAD THIS POST LATER AS PDF >>CLICK HERE<<
    Richella July 6, 2010 at 11:02 am

I’m loving these challenges. This is only the second time I’ve gotten to participate, but I really, really like the way you’re rounding up great posts pertaining to a particular theme. It makes browsing lots of fun!

Rhoda @ southern Hospitality July 6, 2010 at 11:14 am

I adore outdoor spaces & had so much fun redoing our back deck into something pretty, comfortable and functional (I had neglected it far too long!). It all started with a $30 HUGE market umbrella yardsale find & then the creativity really took over and now I have a really nice outdoor space that I’m enjoying every day.

Tru July 6, 2010 at 7:27 pm

This is the first time I got to participate. Outdoor stuff is my forte. Thanks for doing this. I got a lot of visits to my blog, lots of nice comments and even 1 or 2 followers. Yay!

Diana Miller July 7, 2010 at 10:27 am

You girls have a great thing going on here at The CSI Project. 🙂 Unfortunately my yard is going through a transformation that may or may not be finished this year. 🙁 I’m going to go follow so that maybe I can link up for another theme in the coming weeks. 🙂

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish July 7, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Love this! Can’t wait to check out some of the great ideas!

hypertufa how-not-to « July 7, 2010 at 8:47 pm

[…] linking this post up to the DIY Showoff’s Project Parade and The CSI Project: Outdoor Decor. Stop by both of these sites for more awesome project-y goodness! Possibly related posts: […]

TriciaHeliker July 7, 2010 at 9:33 pm

I posted my entry on Tues. somewhere between 1 and 2 pm. but so far I do not see it with the other entries. I tried to post again thinking I messed up but it said that link was posted. How can I find out what I did wrong as I have entries for the other categories to post and would like to correct my mistake.

Karie July 7, 2010 at 11:25 pm

This is my first time posting anything on another site. I am so nervous. I have wanted to do this for so long. I love all of the projects, and I get so inspired by the creative genius of those that link up to the CSI challenges. So much fun, I just hope I have done eveything right.

YogaGal July 8, 2010 at 12:19 am

Hi- I just joined up for the first time! I use Windows Writer to write my posts and I can link, but I have not found a way to copy and paste buttons that have the links embedded into them. I hope that my linking back to the party by text is enough. I will start checking out everyone else’s project- I am also a new follower! 🙂

FromtheHeart July 8, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Bummed I missed the link for this week’s project. We re did our entry way! I’m looking forward to this coming week’s challenge and I wont miss the deadline this time! 🙂 Check my entryway if you get a chance at http://collectionsfrommyheart.blogspot.com/2010/07/entryway-redo-its-work-in-progress.html

gnee July 8, 2010 at 4:22 pm

In the future, please post when you are going to close your challenge. I checked this morning and it was still open and came back to link my front porch make-over post, and it was closed. Too bad for me I know!

Thanks in advance…and best of luck to all your entrants who made it into your contest.

gnee

Hilary @ KatrinkaJane July 8, 2010 at 6:47 pm

The tutorial has now been fleshed-out! I’d love some comments. 🙂

Bill September 21, 2010 at 11:18 am

Awesome read. I wish i might take advice like that and just do it. as an alternative ailing think about it for per week then neglect it 🙁 possibly i can change