Welcome to the Spring Mantels and Vignettes Challenge! We’re excited to see all the ways you’ve been adding touches of spring to your homes.
This week, we’re happy to introduce as our guest judge the very lovely lady behind one of our favorite blogs, Kristin Salazar.
Kristin opens her beautiful home to readers each day on her blog, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.
Living in sunny San Diego with her handy husband, three boys, and two dogs, Kristen has created a beautiful home for her family.
If you haven’t had a chance to take a virtual tour of their spaces, hurry over! We love Kristen’s homemaking philosophy, “Inspired living on a budget.” This is what Kristen says about her home and her blog:
We have a huge love for DIY! We enjoy turning our little slice of suburbia into our dream home while remaining functional and practical. We hope to show you that turning your home into something you love does not require large amounts of money. Most importantly, I try my best to live a happy and beautiful life, inspire and be inspired.
Kristen certainly has a gift for turning common, every day objects into vignettes of uncommon beauty.
Kristen’s master bedroom reveal
Inside the mudroom/craftroom/playroom
Even Kristen’s closet is prettified!
Oh, don’t get us started! We could go on and on about all of Kristen’s projects that we’ve loved. But words don’t do them justice. You need to hop over to Kristen’s Project Gallery and take a look for yourself. Just a couple peeks…
Kristen’s kitchen–she transformed builder grade oak cabinets with paint!
The mantel at Kristen’s house, all ready for spring.
We’re thrilled to have you visiting at The CSI Project, Kristen!
Our other visitors this week have given us some great tutorials to help us get in gear for spring decorating.
Ninth Street Notions showed us this pretty Nature’s Spring Vignette.
This fresh Spring Table Vignette came from Twin Dragonfly Designs.
And Mrs. Greene showed us how to make a Recycled Flower Vase.
Now it’s time to link up the spots in your home you’ve made most lovely for spring! Not only will you have a chance for your projects to be featured in our winners’ post this weekend, but we’ll randomly draw a winner for this week’s giveaway:
A $25 Target Gift Card!
What’s not to love about having fun money for Target?
Please remember, to qualify to win the giveaway or to be featured, you need to follow the challenge rules (below) and display our button on your blog or post. You can get your button HERE.
Here are the challenge rules:
1. All entries for this challenge need to incorporate the challenge’s theme.We are not simply a linky party. We have a specific theme for each week. All submissions are competing to be the judge’s top pick. If your project does not incorporate the theme we will have to remove it.
2. When you enter the challenge, please enter the link to the specific post on your blog that relates to the project — not to your general blog. This will help when a year from now, for example, someone who visits the site can find your project directly.
3. The CSI Project button must be in your blog post. HERE are the buttons. This makes it easy for other people to come over and join in the challenge if they like – and for us to know that we have the correct entry in the challenge when we’re judging. And if you use an older post, please update it so it’s current. If you don’t want to update it, please add the button to that post and to the sidebar for the week of the contest. Thanks!
4. The project you submit must be your own project and something you have made. (It can be inspired by something someone else has done, but it must be your creation.)
5. We ask that you are a CSI follower or subscriber to win the prizes.The more followers the site has — the more giveaways we are able to host
6. If you enter a project into our challenge, we ask that you please leave comments on at least 2 other entries in the contest. Not only is it nice to do, but it’s a great way to meet new people and make new friends.
7. By entering, you give us permission to spotlight your projects – we will give you credit and link back to your blog. You are welcome to enter as many themed projects as you like! You also give us permission to add your name to our newsletter list. If you wish to unsubscribe you may do so at any time.
Good luck to everyone!