We’ve been seeing some gorgeous examples of the use of bold, painted patterns around the blogosphere, lately. We want to see what your take is on this hot trend. Are you going small and sweet or big and bright? Is your pattern of choice chevron, damask, quatrefoil, or paisley? Did you paint right on the wall, or use a large canvas? Which walls get to wear the patterns in your home–entryway, bedroom, bathroom, or pantry? We’re dying to know!
We’ve also seen some really fantastic examples of walls painted with graphic shapes in our guest tutorials. Take a look at these fabulous walls for added inspiration:
Our guest judge this week, Wendy Hyde of The Shabby Nest, is looking forward to visiting each of your blogs to view your entries into the challenge.
Wendy is not afraid to play with paint and patterns herself, so we know she’ll enjoy seeing how many of you are using graphic elements in your decor. She will select an overall winner of the challenge, as well as her 10 favorite projects.
Each project that you linkup to the challenge will give you an entry into this week’s randomly drawn giveaway. Our sponsor of the week, Purdy, is offering a sample pack of their professional-grade, high quality paintbrushes to the lucky winner. (For more chances to win our sponsor’s prize, go HERE.) You may have noticed that the stunning projects featured in our guest tutorials this week were created with–you guessed it!–Purdy brushes.
To qualify to win the challenge and giveaway, you must follow our challenge rules, below. You must include a link back to The CSI Project. Link buttons can be found HERE. This linkup will close for judging at 12 Noon EST on Friday, June 3rd.
Here are the challenge rules:
1. All entries for this challenge need to incorporate the challenge’s theme.We are not simply a linky party. We have a specific theme for each week. All submissions are competing to be the judge’s top pick. If your project does not incorporate the theme we will have to remove it.
2. When you enter the challenge, please enter the link to the specific post on your blog that relates to the project — not to your general blog. This will help when a year from now, for example, someone who visits the site can find your project directly.
3. The CSI Project button must be in your blog post. HERE are the buttons. This makes it easy for other people to come over and join in the challenge if they like – and for us to know that we have the correct entry in the challenge when we’re judging. And if you use an older post, please update it so it’s current. If you don’t want to update it, please add the button to that post and to the sidebar for the week of the contest. Thanks!
4. The project you submit must be your own project and something you have made. (It can be inspired by something someone else has done, but it must be your creation.)
5. We ask that you are a CSI follower or subscriber to win the prizes.The more followers the site has — the more giveaways we are able to host
6. If you enter a project into our challenge, we ask that you please leave comments on at least 2 other entries in the contest. Not only is it nice to do, but it’s a great way to meet new people and make new friends.
7. By entering, you give us permission to spotlight your projects – we will give you credit and link back to your blog. You are welcome to enter as many themed projects as you like! You also give us permission to add your name to our newsletter list. If you wish to unsubscribe you may do so at any time.
Are you ready to get some paint on your clothes?